Friday, September 21, 2012

Finally!! S. Elkins Folk Art is OPEN!

My Etsy shop is now live and active and stocked....well, there are eight examples of my work available for purchase. This is all older work that has been packed away but very, very soon, I will be adding new work, all original, all unique, all designed and created by me, Sande Jones-Elkins. It's been a long hiatus but I'm back and full of new ideas that I can't wait to share with you. These six older pieces are just a small preview of what's to come!


Scaredy Cat Whimsical Folk Art Wood SculptureScaredy Cat personifies whimsey from his wickedly pointy teeth, crazy eyes and crooked tail to the intricately painted checkerboard base on which he stands arched and terrified...or maybe terrifying? He's not a bad fellow though and rather a cool cat. He's 27 inches tall measured to the tip of that meandering tail and sure to entertain you for years to come.










Myrt the Mermaid, Whimsical, Folk Art Wood SculptureMyrt has always been a popular "girl" and why wouldn't she be as beautiful and graceful as she is even out of the deep blue sea and perched proudly on display for all to admire? Every scale on her tail is intricately carved by hand. She is entirely unique and my own original design, hand sculpted and hand painted by me, Sande Jones Elkins. She measures 22 and a half inches from the tip of her nose to the tip of her tail and is ready to add a bit of whimsy and wonder to your home.


















Herald Angel, Folk Art Wood SculptureAngels have always been one of my favorite themes and this design, with her intricately carved wings yet simple grace has always been at the top of my list of all time favorites. She is 19 inches long from the tip of her toes to the sound coming out of the trumpet. I once had someone ask me at an art show, what she was called and I replied, "Herald Angel." They looked perplexed for a moment and then asked, "Why would you name an obviously feminine angel, Harold?" So, I've been tempted to rename her for years. Meet Harold, the Herald Angel! :)

Lady Liberty, Patriotic Folk Art Wood Sculpture Wall ArtProudly displaying her stars and 

stripes, this very patriotic lady is 20 inches from wing tip to star spangled wing tip. There is a keyhole opening on the back of the carving to make it easy to hang her on your wall or mantle as soon as she arrives at your home. The word carved into the scroll at her base is LIBERTY! As with all of my work, she is an entirely original design and completely hand carved and hand painted by me, Sande Jones- Elkins.



Cat, Hand Carved Folk Art Wood SculptureHe may be a scaredy cat but he's certainly not scary but rather a sweeter version of my usually frightening felines.This is a miniature version of my Scaredy Cat. This frightened little guy is 11 inches to the tip of his crooked and alert tail and just 6 inches to the tip of his pointy ears.









Simple Lady in Blue and Yellow, Whimsical Folk Art Wood SculptureI love these simple ladies. They are so much fun to create and each one is different. This precious girl is holding a dove of peace and she stands 12 in. tall.

No comments:

Post a Comment